Fiberglass Insulation in Nairobi Kenya
Fiberglass insulation also known as glass wool is the oldest and popular insulation material Kenya and other parts of the World. It was discovered in the 19th century by a researcher named Russel Games. The glass wool insulation has been in existence for over 80 years though being outdated with other insulation materials such as rock wool insulation and polyethylene form. Glass wool is a perfect sound/thermal insulating solution for office partitions, ceilings and wall cladding
How is fiberglass insulation installed?
Installing fiberglass insulation is a relatively straightforward process, but it does require some necessary precautions and techniques to ensure its effectiveness. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how fiberglass insulation is installed.It’s crucial to wear protective clothing such as goggles, gloves, and a mask before starting the installation process. Fiberglass particles can be irritating to the skin and respiratory system.
- Next, measure the length of the area where you will install the insulation. Use a utility knife or scissors to cut the fiberglass batts or rolls to fit snugly into place between wall studs or ceiling joists.
- Once you have properly cut your pieces, begin placing them into position. Gently press them in so that they fit tight against each other without any gaps or spaces. Be careful not to compress or squeeze the insulation too much as this can reduce its effectiveness.
- If there are any obstructions like electrical wires or pipes within the walls or ceilings, make sure to carefully maneuver around them while still maintaining even coverage throughout.
- After all sections are fitted in place, use staples or adhesive tape designed for insulation materials to secure any loose edges and prevent sagging over time.
- Remember that proper ventilation is essential when installing fiberglass insulation due to potential airborne particles. Open windows and doors during installation if possible and consider using fans for added airflow while working with larger areas.
- Installing fiberglass insulation requires protective gear, accurate measurements for cutting pieces correctly fitting between studs/joists without compression issues; securing loose edges with staples/tape; being cautious around obstacles like wires/pipes; ensuring proper ventilation during installation processes by opening doors/windows using fans if needed